LumiCLEAR utilizes blue light therapy to break down acne causing bacteria and help the skin heal from the inside out, revealing beautiful, clear skin.
- Clear Stubborn Pimples
- Minimizes Future Breakouts
- Reduces the Appearance of Acne Scars
- Improves your Skin’s Texture
Includes 1 lumiCLEAR Blue Light LED Attachment
How Does Light Therapy Works ?
LED (Light Emitting Diode) therapy is not new. In fact, it has been around for a very long time. LED light has long been used to assist with plant growth in green houses because of its ability to rejuvenate cells.
Once doctors, scientists and researchers were able to test out LED light therapy with people, the results were unanimous. LED light has numerous health benefits, including skin rejuvenation, cellular turnover, tissue repair and pain relief.
LED light therapy is a form of photobiomodulation that utilizes non-ionizing light sources in the visible (400–700 nm) and near-infrared (700–1,100 nm) electromagnetic spectrum. There are multiple colors of LED light therapy that help the body. Each LED light color penetrates the skin at different levels, assisting in different types of healing.
What Are The Benefits Of Blue Light ?
Blue LED light is a short wavelength (400-470 nm) and only penetrates the skin about 1 mm. However, it has been proven by the FDA to kill the bacteria associated with some forms of acne.4 Blue LED light therapy assists with the reduction of acne by increasing the porphyrin oxygen levels in the skin.
Acne is caused by the bacteria Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes). This bacteria is found on the skin and in clogged hair follicles. For the most part, this bacteria can be relatively harmless; however, if follicles become plugged, the low oxygen levels and accumulating sebum create a prime environment for the growth of P. acnes.
The blue light from LED excites the porphyrins which causes them to release free radicals into the bacteria, killing them from the inside out.5 Since blue LED light therapy also increases blood circulation, it helps decrease inflammation and reduces the size of blemishes caused by acne.
How Do I Use The LumiNIR Wand ?
- Cleanse and dry skin.
- Turn on device and select intensity level (see chart below) – treatment begins once the intensity level is set.
- Place light directly on clean, dry skin.
- Device will beep when treatment time ends.
- Move on to your next treatment area.
LumiNIR Intensity Options :
LumiNIR Intensity OptionsThe lumiNIR offers four intensity levels. Level 1 is considered one dose. This is the minimum amount needed for a treatment. You can increase the dosage based on your need. See the lumiNIR treatment protocols in the next FAQ for more information.
Intensity Level Light/Treatment Time Indicator
(the light on the device will change color for each level)
- Level 1 (default) - Green light - 35 seconds
- Level 2 - Blue light - 1:10 minutes
- Level 3 - Green/Red light - 1:45 minutes
- Level 4 - Red light - 2:20 minutes
What Are The Treatment Protocols For The LumiCLEAR ?
Each light spectrum targets a different level below the skin’s surface. Our protocols were developed based on scientific research to give the best result for each concern. This treatment chart is meant to be a guide. Dosage can be adjusted up or down depending on the severity of the concern. Time to results will vary for each individual.
Acne - 5x per week - Results expected in 2-4 weeks
How Long Will Battery Charge & Last ?
- The battery will be fully charged within two hours and will last three to five hours, or six to ten treatments.
- Daniel Barolet, M. (2008). Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs) in Dermatology. Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, 228.
- Harry T. Whelan, Ellen V. Buchmann, Noel T. Whelan, Scott G. Turner, Vita Cevenini, Helen Stinson, Ron Ignatius, Todd Martin, Joan Cwiklinski, Glenn A. Meyer, Brian Hodgson Lisa Gould, Mary Kane, Gina Chen , James Caviness. NASA Light Emitting Diode Medical Applications From Deep Space to Deep Sea. CP552, Space Technology and Applications International Forum-2001, edited by M. S. El-Genk. Copyright 2001 American Institute of Physics 1-56396-980-7/01.
- Whelan et al; Effect of NASA Light Emitting Diode Irradiation and Wound Healing. Journal of Clinical Laser Medicine & Surgery, Volume 19, Number 6, 2001, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc, pp. 305-314.
- Blue light therapy for acne – Medical News Today.” 3 Sep. 2017, https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319254.php. Accessed 12 Oct. 2018
- “IDI News » Porphyrins – The International Dermal Institute.” https://www.dermalinstitute.com/us/news/tag/porphyrins/. Accessed 11 Oct. 2018.