Energize Your Cells with Red Light Therapy Essentials
Scientific research conducted by NASA shows that when delivered at the vital wavelength of 880nm without extreme heat or light, NIR promotes skin renewal, cell health, wound healing, and tissue growth.
Starter Kit Includes:
- lumi Wand
- lumiGLOW Red Light Therapy LED Wand for Anti-Aging
- USB Charging Cable
- Eye Goggles (recommended for blue or red light treatments near the eyes)
- Travel Bag
LumiGLOW delivers red light therapy at a precise wavelength of 660 nm to reach the dermis layer of skin to fight aging.
- Stimulates Collagen Production
- Reduces the Appearance of Wrinkles
- Improves Skin Tone and Firmness
- Increases Circulation
How Does Light Therapy Works ?
LED (Light Emitting Diode) therapy is not new. In fact, it has been around for a very long time. LED light has long been used to assist with plant growth in green houses because of its ability to rejuvenate cells.
Once doctors, scientists and researchers were able to test out LED light therapy with people, the results were unanimous. LED light has numerous health benefits, including skin rejuvenation, cellular turnover, tissue repair and pain relief.
LED light therapy is a form of photobiomodulation that utilizes non-ionizing light sources in the visible (400–700 nm) and near-infrared (700–1,100 nm) electromagnetic spectrum. There are multiple colors of LED light therapy that help the body. Each LED light color penetrates the skin at different levels, assisting in different types of healing.
What Are The Benefits Of Red Light ?
Red LED light therapy is the most common of the LED therapies with wavelengths ranging between 633-700 nm. The optimal wavelength is 660 nm for light absorption to reach a depth of 2.3 mm in the dermis.1 Red LED is used to help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, redness and inflammation, and increase collagen and elastin production.
Red LED light has been shown to enhance the detoxification process within the lymphatic system, helping reduce inflammation caused by extra fluid and waste stored in the skin. By reducing inflammation in the body, this also assists with the reduction of joint pain.
How Do I Use The LumiNIR Wand ?
- Cleanse and dry skin.
- Turn on device and select intensity level (see chart below) – treatment begins once the intensity level is set.
- Place light directly on clean, dry skin.
- Device will beep when treatment time ends.
- Move on to your next treatment area.
How Long Will Battery Charge & Last ?
The battery will be fully charged within two hours and will last three to five hours, or six to ten treatments.
LumiNIR Intensity Options :
LumiNIR Intensity OptionsThe lumiNIR offers four intensity levels. Level 1 is considered one dose. This is the minimum amount needed for a treatment. You can increase the dosage based on your need. See the lumiNIR treatment protocols in the next FAQ for more information.
Intensity Level Light/Treatment Time Indicator
(the light on the device will change color for each level)
- Level 1 (default) - Green light - 35 seconds
- Level 2 - Blue light - 1:10 minutes
- Level 3 - Green/Red light - 1:45 minutes
- Level 4 - Red light - 2:20 minutes
What Are The Treatment Protocols For The LumiGLOW ?
Each light spectrum targets a different level below the skin’s surface. Our protocols were developed based on scientific research to give the best result for each concern. This treatment chart is meant to be a guide. Dosage can be adjusted up or down depending on the severity of the concern. Time to results will vary for each individual.
Photorejuvenation (sun damage, age spots, rosacea, pore reduction) - 3x per week - Results expected in 2-4 weeks
Wrinkle Reduction, Skin Firmness - 3x per week - Results expected in 2-4 weeks.
Skin Inflammation (for conditions such as psoriasis) - 3x per week - Results expected in 2-4 weeks.
- Daniel Barolet, M. (2008). Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs) in Dermatology. Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, 228.
- Harry T. Whelan, Ellen V. Buchmann, Noel T. Whelan, Scott G. Turner, Vita Cevenini, Helen Stinson, Ron Ignatius, Todd Martin, Joan Cwiklinski, Glenn A. Meyer, Brian Hodgson Lisa Gould, Mary Kane, Gina Chen , James Caviness. NASA Light Emitting Diode Medical Applications From Deep Space to Deep Sea. CP552, Space Technology and Applications International Forum-2001, edited by M. S. El-Genk. Copyright 2001 American Institute of Physics 1-56396-980-7/01.
- Whelan et al; Effect of NASA Light Emitting Diode Irradiation and Wound Healing. Journal of Clinical Laser Medicine & Surgery, Volume 19, Number 6, 2001, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc, pp. 305-314.
- Blue light therapy for acne – Medical News Today.” 3 Sep. 2017, https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319254.php. Accessed 12 Oct. 2018
- “IDI News » Porphyrins – The International Dermal Institute.” https://www.dermalinstitute.com/us/news/tag/porphyrins/. Accessed 11 Oct. 2018.