Energize Your Cells with Near Infrared Essentials
Scientific research conducted by NASA shows that when delivered at the vital wavelength of 880nm without extreme heat or light, NIR promotes skin renewal, cell health, wound healing, and tissue growth.
Starter Kit Includes:
- lumi Wand
- lumiNIR Near Infrared LED for cell repair
- USB Charging Cable
- Eye Goggles (recommended for blue or red light treatments near the eyes)
- Travel Bag
How Does Light Therapy Works ?
LED (Light Emitting Diode) therapy is not new. In fact, it has been around for a very long time. LED light has long been used to assist with plant growth in green houses because of its ability to rejuvenate cells.
Once doctors, scientists and researchers were able to test out LED light therapy with people, the results were unanimous. LED light has numerous health benefits, including skin rejuvenation, cellular turnover, tissue repair and pain relief.
LED light therapy is a form of photobiomodulation that utilizes non-ionizing light sources in the visible (400–700 nm) and near-infrared (700–1,100 nm) electromagnetic spectrum. There are multiple colors of LED light therapy that help the body. Each LED light color penetrates the skin at different levels, assisting in different types of healing.
What Are The Benefits Of Near Infrared Light ?
Infrared energy is part of the sun’s invisible light spectrum and is necessary for all living things to grow and flourish. Near infrared (NIR) is the shortest infrared wavelength and penetrates as much as 6 mm beyond the surface of the skin.
Sunlighten has harnessed the specific spectrum of light needed to trigger a natural, photo-biochemical reaction. This recharges the cell’s mitochondria and stimulates cellular turnover.1 To achieve the maximum penetration, we used NASA research to develop a patented LED array that provides NIR at a singular wavelength with minimal variability and virtually undetectable heat and light.
The lumiNIR LED attachment emits 880 nm for the deepest tissue penetration. Several studies have shown similar results:2
- 155% increase in cell and tissue growth
- 36% decrease in wound size
- 50% reduction in cell death
How Do I Use The LumiNIR Wand ?
- Cleanse and dry skin.
- Turn on device and select intensity level (see chart below) – treatment begins once the intensity level is set.
- Place light directly on clean, dry skin.
- Device will beep when treatment time ends.
- Move on to your next treatment area.
LumiNIR Intensity Options :
LumiNIR Intensity OptionsThe lumiNIR offers four intensity levels. Level 1 is considered one dose. This is the minimum amount needed for a treatment. You can increase the dosage based on your need. See the lumiNIR treatment protocols in the next FAQ for more information.
Intensity Level Light/Treatment Time Indicator
(the light on the device will change color for each level)
- Level 1 (default) - Green light - 35 seconds
- Level 2 - Blue light - 1:10 minutes
- Level 3 - Green/Red light - 1:45 minutes
- Level 4 - Red light - 2:20 minutes
What Are The Treatment Protocols For The LumiCLEAR ?
Each light spectrum targets a different level below the skin’s surface. Our protocols were developed based on scientific research to give the best result for each concern. This treatment chart is meant to be a guide. Dosage can be adjusted up or down depending on the severity of the concern. Time to results will vary for each individual.
Wound Healing (deep tissue) - 3x per week - Results expected in 2-4 weeks
Pain Relief, Joint and Muscle Inflammation - Daily as needed - Results expected in 1-4 weeks
How Long Will Battery Charge & Last ?
- The battery will be fully charged within two hours and will last three to five hours, or six to ten treatments.
- Daniel Barolet, M. (2008). Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs) in Dermatology. Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, 228.
- Harry T. Whelan, Ellen V. Buchmann, Noel T. Whelan, Scott G. Turner, Vita Cevenini, Helen Stinson, Ron Ignatius, Todd Martin, Joan Cwiklinski, Glenn A. Meyer, Brian Hodgson Lisa Gould, Mary Kane, Gina Chen , James Caviness. NASA Light Emitting Diode Medical Applications From Deep Space to Deep Sea. CP552, Space Technology and Applications International Forum-2001, edited by M. S. El-Genk. Copyright 2001 American Institute of Physics 1-56396-980-7/01.
- Whelan et al; Effect of NASA Light Emitting Diode Irradiation and Wound Healing. Journal of Clinical Laser Medicine & Surgery, Volume 19, Number 6, 2001, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc, pp. 305-314.
- Blue light therapy for acne – Medical News Today.” 3 Sep. 2017, https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319254.php. Accessed 12 Oct. 2018
- “IDI News » Porphyrins – The International Dermal Institute.” https://www.dermalinstitute.com/us/news/tag/porphyrins/. Accessed 11 Oct. 2018.